Parents and Carers
This page contains information for our parents and carers of Wye Under Fives.
Please scroll down to find out about:-
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
To make sure that our provision meets the needs of each individual child, we take account of any special needs a child may have. We work to the requirements of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years (2015).
If your child has a special need or disability or you are worried that your child isn’t developing or reaching their milestones as you expect, please call or visit us and speak to our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo) to discuss any issues that you may have. We aim to respond to any initial concerns as soon as possible so that we can work in strong partnership with you and put effective arrangements and support in place.
Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator is Steph Harrison
Useful links for everyone
- Makaton Sign Language
- I CAN’s Talking Point
- NHS Start 4 Life Learning to talk
- Kent County Council Local Offer
- ASD Ashford – For children on the Autistic Spectrum as well as those with ADHD
- National Autistic Society
- Council for disabled children
- 21 Together – Working together with the Down’s Syndrome Community in Kent
- Kent Wide Downs Syndrome Group
- Downs Syndrome Association